SFR, an affiliate of Vodafone, is the second telecommunication operator in France with over 20.8 million mobile customers.
The company offers fixed and mobile telephony services, mobile multimedia services such as music, television, video, games and data transmission services for residential, professional, and corporate customers.
SFR launched SFR Find & Go in September 2008, a navigation and location-based service.
• Provide SFR customers with an easy-to-use application that will enhance their active everyday life whilst on the go.
• Offer full navigation functionalities as well as relevant and local content adapted to their customers’ needs.
• Offer a truly competitive location service with an attractive price and standard of services.
SFR launched SFR GPS, the next generation of SFR’s existing Find & Go service and in addition to the complete navigation offering, users now have access to several innovative features for a richer and more valuable experience:
• The unique widgets carousel which enables quick and focused access to nearby information from any screen within the application. Using the widgets carousel, customers can quickly and easily find whatever they are looking for: the nearest Velib bike rental station or SFR shop, parking, hospitals, ATMs and more, all by simply clicking on the relevant widget on the carousel.
• The intuitive free-text search that enables users to access millions of points of interest from a variety of content providers and categorizes the results to ensure their relevance to the user.
• The new and improved map-centric user-interface which places users at the center of the map enabling them to make the most of their surroundings.
SFR GPS is compatible with most BlackBerry devices and iPhone, the application will be available on more platforms including WP7 at the beginning of 2011.
SFR customers have free access to the application for local search, mapping and pedestrian navigation and for a monthly subscription of 2.50€, customers can also benefit from complete turn-by-turn in-car navigation.
SFR GPS will shortly be expanding their offering to make it even more local and relevant to users by adding the Page Jaunes (Yellow Pages) data into the search so users can get the most relevant results.
SFR GPS was launched with a complete awareness program and GTM plan including ATL campaign, media related activities, significant POS visibility, Web presence and more.
SFR GPS was launched at the beginning of September 2010, and within the first few months had already reached a significant user base of "regulars". With the launch of new devices, the number of activations of SFR GPS continues to grow quickly.