Orange is the key brand of France Telecom, one of the world’s leading telecommunications operators. With almost 131 million customers, the Orange brand covers internet, television and mobile services in the majority of countries where the Group operates.
Orange France is the leader telecommunication operator in the French market.
Orange France launched Orange Maps in 2008, a navigation and location-based service available as an option for 5€/month.
• Be aligned with Orange global strategy that is to provide Orange customers with complete solutions with integrated services that will allow them to fully use their smart-phones.
• Compete with alternative offers on the market by offering a navigation service free of charge to Orange customers.
• Provide a highly competitive navigation service with free services on top of basic navigation features.
• Offer local and relevant premium services to users to enhance their everyday lives whilst on the go.
In November 2010 due to their offering strategy, Orange started including Orange Maps navigation on all GPS-enabled devices as part of all Origami tariff plans that include data packages. Orange is the first operator in France to offer FREE navigation to its customers.
This service will enable Orange costumers to search for and access up-to-date information from a variety of content providers (Champerard, Velib, 118 712) and to perform pedestrian and mobile navigation in 26 European countries.
In alignment with Orange’s strategy to offer top-quality services to all their customers, the recently launched Orange Maps V2 is especially designed to accompanying users throughout their on-the-go experience, going beyond in-car and pedestrian navigation.
Orange Users will also be able to purchase the full Orange Maps option, offering premium features and services including:
• Wikango Mobile Community speed cameras alerts
• Static speed cameras alerts
• Availability and free parking space information of nearby parking in Ile de France
• Gas stations prices in France
• Real-time traffic information integrated into map display and route calculations in France
Orange will be gradually enriching its offering with new contents throughout 2011.
Less than 1 month after the launch of the new version and the inclusion of Orange Maps in the data plans, the number of new activations increased by 160% compared to the previous month.