February 24, 2013
TomTom and Telmap Announce Long-Term Partnership
Barcelona, Mobile World Congress, February 25, 2013 – TomTom and Telmap today announce an agreement for TomTom to supply maps and road data to location-based services provider Telmap. With this partnership, Telmap, an Intel company, will utilize TomTom content to enhance its products and services, including mobile navigation apps distributed via application stores and mobile operators worldwide.
In addition to highly-accurate maps, Telmap users can now access other TomTom content, including Points of Interest, Junction Views, 3D City Maps and Voice Maps. This enables Telmap to add new functionality to its products and services, which means users of Telmap’s apps will benefit from better routing and improved visuals.
“We’re at the forefront of the move towards mass adoption of mobile location-based services,” says Oren Nissim, Telmap Chief Executive Officer. “This means we need to have the best routing and road data available, and that’s why this announcement is so important to us. Thanks to TomTom we can now deliver an even better search, mapping and navigation experience to our users, and improve the data we supply to app developers.”
“We’re delighted to add Telmap, a world leader in mobile location-based services, to our portfolio of partners,” says Charles Cautley, Managing Director Licensing at TomTom. “This partnership means that even more people can benefit from our industry-leading maps and road information, and enjoy an improved navigation experience. It’s a very significant and exciting step for us.”
Telmap will be presenting at MWC as part of Intel. You are invited to come and visit us to get a first impression of Telmap app working with TomTom data in one of the Intel booths. Members of the press are invited to contact us at Telmap@ libertycomms.com, to coordinate a briefing.
Hall 3, booth #3C34
Hall 8.1 (App Planet), booth # 8.1E20
M8 Mobile World Congress Edition | Download Links:
Telmap can now access TomTom data, for a three-year period. Telmap customers in Europe can benefit from TomTom data now, with South African and North American launches to follow soon.
Telmap can access the following TomTom products:
- World-class maps
Highly-accurate TomTom maps.
- Premium POIs
Puts local information at drivers’ fingertips. It displays the location and key attributes of restaurants, petrol stations, hotels, retailers and more.
- Junction ViewsProvides guidance at difficult junctions to make driving safer and easier.
- Advanced City ModelsOffers a 3D, cutting-edge display for navigation systems.
- Voice MapsEnables speech technology to be integrated into map applications. Drivers will be able to enter commands simply by speaking to the device.
- 2D City MapsDisplays additional information in urban areas, including building footprints and land use details such as ponds, park areas and golf courses.
- 3D Landmarks & Landmark IconsAdds significant structures and monuments to maps to aid navigation and improve the display.
- World Boundary MapAdds physical, political and geographical features to the map. Information includes country and state borders, and city centre locations.
- Seven-Digit Postal CodesSupport for full seven-digit postcode search and navigation.